Statement of Policy
It is the policy of Page One Publishing Inc. (“Page One”) to control the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in accordance with all requirements set out in the Personal Information Protection Act (British Columbia) and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) (together, the “Privacy Codes”).
Collection of Personal Information
Unless otherwise authorized by the Privacy Codes:
- No personal information shall be collected by Page One unless it relates directly to an operating program or activity of Page One.
- Page One shall, wherever possible, collect personal information that is intended to be used for an administrative purpose directly from the individual to whom it relates, except where the individual authorizes otherwise.
- Page One shall inform any individual from whom it collects personal information of the purpose for which the information is being collected.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal information that has been used by Page One for an administrative purpose shall be retained for such period of time after it is so used as may be prescribed by regulation in order to ensure that the individual to whom it relates has a reasonable opportunity to obtain access to the information.
Accuracy of Personal Information
Page One shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that is used for an administrative purpose is as accurate, up-to-date and complete as possible.
Disposition of Personal Information
Page One shall dispose of personal information under its control in accordance with industry best practices, ensuring no inadvertent release of information occurs.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information under the control of Page One shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be used or disclosed by Page One except for the purpose for which the information was obtained or compiled or for a use consistent with that purpose unless otherwise authorized by the Privacy Codes. In certain circumstances personal information subject to the Privacy Codes may be used, or disclosed without the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to personal information used or disclosed:
- for the purpose for which the information was obtained or compiled by Page One or for a use consistent with that purpose;
- for the purpose of complying with a subpoena or warrant issued or order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information or for the purpose of complying with rules of court relating to the production of information;
- to an investigative body specified in the regulations for the purpose of enforcing any laws or carrying out a lawful investigation;
- where disclosure would clearly benefit the individual to whom the information relates.
Record of Disclosures
Page One shall retain a record of any disclosures of personal information contained in a personal information bank or any use or purpose for which that information is disclosed.
All Page One employees, who collect, maintain and/or use personal information, are responsible for insuring that the collection, use and disclosure of this information is carried out in accordance with this policy and relevant procedures.
This privacy statement is applicable to all Page One web-sites. Page One respects the privacy of its Internet users and will protect that privacy as vigorously as possible.
Page One does not collect information that personally identifies individuals except when individuals provide such specific information on a voluntary basis. There may be occasions where specific personal information is requested before an individual can enter certain sections of a Page One Publishing Inc site. For example, to participate in any Page One online forum. This kind of registration helps us to ensure that content standards on these sections of the site are rigorously upheld.
In all such cases, Page One will collect only information that is voluntarily provided by the user and undertakes that such information will be kept strictly confidential. Individual information provided to Page One to gain access to any Page One site will not be sold or made available to a third party.
Page One does reserve the right, however, to perform statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of its sites so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose.
If you do not want a cookie placed on your computer by Page One, you may disable cookies altogether by modifying the Preferences section of your Netscape or Internet Explorer browser (under Edit/Preferences/Advanced). Note that it is possible that some aspects of Page One sites may be unavailable to you if you choose this option.
If you have no problem accepting cookies, but wish to be informed of their appearance, you may turn on a warning prompt by modifying the cookie warning section in Edit/Preferences/Advanced.
Information about your visits to this site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address, or other personal information), is used to serve ads to you.
Page One does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites.